Gamers have many options to choose from when it comes to gambling games. Not only can gamblers choose which ones to play, but also where and how. They can opt for a brick-and-mortar casino or its online betting counterpart. Potential customers can even enjoy gaming for free before deciding whether to join a particular site or not.
Today, there is yet another way to enjoy this pastime that has been quite popular lately. The social casinos are in question. So, let’s learn more about both social and online casinos.
Similarities Between Social and Online Casino Sites
Social casino platforms are based on regular gambling websites. Then it comes as no surprise they are similar in some respects.
Regular gambling sites provide users with a number of online casino games tv – tournaments and bonus offers. When they use bonuses, they increase their chances of winning. Gamers can also take advantage of bonuses and free spins on social casino websites. Nevertheless, gamers can achieve different results depending on which platform they choose. We will discuss this in a moment.
Social casino sites feature games that are found on online wagering websites. Users can expect to find different types of slots, table games like poker and blackjack, and other popular games which are free-to-play. Some platforms are slot-based and thus offer a wide range of slot machines.
Differences Between Social and Online Casino Sites
Despite the fact that social and online casino websites share some features, there are a few things that set them apart. The following few sections point to these differences.
The main difference between the two has to do with winnings. Users of an online wagering site play for money, whereas members of the other website can never cash out. The latter platform provides its members with an opportunity to play casino games. By joining one such website, people choose to play for entertainment purposes exclusively. Gamers get virtual chips to play with. However, they can only earn more of them and use them to keep playing.
An average online casino has a more extensive game list than its free counterpart. In addition, the selection of table and slot machine games punters can play online is better. More often than not, their games are also of higher quality.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Social Casino Platforms
Even though the deal may sound appealing, these platforms are not all perfect. As with everything else, there are both benefits and drawbacks to this type of website:
- Greater accessibility – Whoever wants can play gambling-style games as they are free.
- Safer environment – These websites don’t require users to share their personal and financial information. Therefore, they offer a safer gaming environment.
- Legality – Since they don’t involve betting and cash prizes, they are legal everywhere.
- Investment – Even though gamers can never cash out, they are obliged to buy new chips after losing their initial balance in the event they want to keep playing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Online Gambling Websites
Like social casino gaming, gambling for real money. These are some worth mentioning:
- Real cash prizes – One of the best things about choosing to gamble with real online casino operators is that, besides having fun, punters can earn cash.
- Excitement – Playing for real money is generally more exciting than playing for free.
- A wide array of games – These have a much wider selection of games which are usually of higher quality.
- Loyalty program and bonuses – Members get perks in various instances like upon joining, after long-term membership, etc.
- Availability – Those who would like to try gaming need to place down a deposit. There is also a minimum deposit for certain types of gambling, which makes it less accessible than social gaming.
- Limited gaming – Sooner or later, players have to stop gambling due to their finances.
To sum up, both types of gaming have their good and bad sides. Although having very similar features, they are very different with respect to money. However, it isn’t hard to choose between the two if you know what you are looking for. In case you want to avoid financial obligations and are simply looking to kill some time, then it’s best to go for online social casino games. If, on the other hand, you would like to potentially earn some money, then a regular betting website seems like the right one.