In the realm of personal finance, securing a loan that fits your unique needs and financial situation can be a daunting task. Among the myriad of debt consolidation options available in the market, Ladder Loans, a direct lender, has been making waves with its direct mail offers. In this comprehensive review, we will delve into the nuts and bolts of Ladder Loans, explore how it works, its pros and cons, and ultimately, assess if it is a legitimate lending option.
What Is Ladder Loans?
Blue Front Financial, LLC d/b/a Ladder Loans is a direct lender that provides personal loans to borrowers. Their focus is on offering flexible borrowing options, with an emphasis on helping individuals climb out of financial difficulties from existing loans faster- hence the name ‘Ladder Loans’.
The company was founded in 2022 and aims to provide practical solutions to individuals facing financial distress by simplifying their monthly payments. Recently, it has gained some attention from potential borrowers who received an Invitation Code for what they call a Flexible Personal Loan. But what does it say? And is the information accurate?
We took it upon ourselves to investigate their website and the fine print of this loan offer, and this is what we found:
- Ladder Loans is a lender and also provides loan referral services. All loan brokerage is provided by Evvo Financial.
- Loan amounts range from $50,000 – $100,000 with repayment terms ranging from 12 months to 60 months.
- Interest rates vary depending on individual lender terms and range from 5.49% – 26.99% APR. Your APR will be determined based on verification of your credit and other criteria at time of application.
- Not all who respond to their offer will qualify for a loan or receive an offer with the maximum loan amount.
- The application can only be done by providing your personal invitation code.
How Does Ladder Loans Work?
Applying for a Ladder Loan is a straightforward process. It begins with entering your Invite Code, then filling an online application where prospective borrowers provide their personal and financial details. Post this, the company conducts a credit check to assess the applicant’s creditworthiness. If approved, the loan amount is directly deposited into the borrower’s bank account.
The loan terms and conditions are subject to vary based on your creditworthiness, loan availability, state laws, and other criteria about your current debt the company may find relevant. Despite having a personal Invite Code, borrowers can be denied a loan.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Ladder Loans
The primary advantages of Ladder Loans include:
- They offer flexible repayment terms, ranging from 12 to 60 months.
- The application process is quick and the loan funds are disbursed within one business day.
However, like any financial product, Ladder Loans are not without their drawbacks.
- The interest rates can be higher than traditional bank loans, and late payment can lead to additional charges.
- The minimum loan amount is $50,000.
- The company is not accredited by the BBB or similar organizations.
Ladder Loans BBB Reviews
Being a relatively new player in the lending market, Ladder Loans has not been accredited by the Better Business Bureau. They have accrued 5 customer reviews so far, averaging 1 star out of 5. No complaints have been made so far.
Here are some of their BBB reviews:
How to Cancel a Ladder Loans Personal Loan
- If you wish to cancel a personal loan from Ladder Loans, you must directly get in touch with Ladder Loans’ customer service. You can contact them through phone or email to explore your cancellation choices.
- Bear in mind that different loans may have varying cancellation policies, and you might be subject to penalties or charges if you cancel a loan. Thus, it is advised to thoroughly read and comprehend your loan agreement’s terms and conditions before you decide to cancel it.
- You may be able to cancel without incurring any penalties if your loan hasn’t been disbursed yet. But, if the loan has already been disbursed, you might have to repay it promptly, including any interest that has accumulated.
Conclusion: Is Ladder Loans a Scam or Legit?
Ladder Loans appears to be a legitimate lending service that offers invitation-only installment loans to borrowers in need of extra money. However, their customer reviews online are mostly negative, with an average of 1 out of 5 stars on their BBB file.
Some customers claim the company uses a bait-and-switch tactic by luring in customers through their attractive offers only to the provide higher interest loans, while others claim they were offered debt settlement services instead. As always, prospective borrowers should do their due diligence and research thoroughly before making any financial commitment.
Have you had any experiences with Ladder Loans? We invite you to share your story in the comments section below. Your insights could help others make informed decisions. If you have questions or thoughts about Ladder Loans, don’t hesitate to drop a comment. Let’s make personal finance an open conversation!
What is the APR for Ladder Loans loans?
The interest rates on loans from Ladder Loans fluctuate depending on the borrower’s credit score and the regulations of the state they live in. The Annual Percentage Rates (APRs) can be anywhere between 5.49% – 26.99%.
Can I apply for a Ladder Loans loan with bad credit?
Yes, Ladder Loans does consider applications from individuals with bad credit. However, approval is not guaranteed and depends on various factors including your current financial situation and ability to repay the loan.
Will Ladder Loans hurt my credit score?
If you’re pre-approved for a loan and choose to proceed with the application process, a hard inquiry will be made on your credit report, which may temporarily lower your credit score.
Can I pay off my Ladder Loans early?
Yes, most of the time you can pay off your Ladder Loans early. However, it is advisable to check the specific terms and conditions of your loan agreement for any potential early repayment fees.